Monday, June 24, 2013

What's your digits: Proportions challenge

Hey guys, it's meme day!
So I took a mini trip down memory lane and put on the very first shape I had in SL back in 2009, and oh my what a difference!
I can't believe I thought I looked good...
Several people have commented on how "hippy" my avie is, and I do admit it was a bit extreme, so I took it down, but only a tad. I like the way big hips look, so i'm keeping it :P
I also sort of stretched my avie's arms a tad, because I did have a little T-rex thing goin' on, but when I went over 60 I looked like an ape, so I had to keep it at 60.
My body digits change slightly every time I put something mesh on, but I'm always able to wear a mesh size S.
So here are my digits: *for my 2013 shape*
Body:
Height: 40; Body thickness: 31; Body fat: 8
Torso:
Torso muscles: 31; Neck thickness: 33; Neck length: 35; Shoulders: 50; Breast size: 50; Breast buoyancy: 45; Breast cleavage: 20; Arm length: 60; Hand size: 30; Torso length: 42; Love handles: 38; Belly size: 0
Legs:
Leg muscles: 46; Leg length: 40; Hip width: 70; Hip length: 47; Butt size: 38; Saddle bags: 32; Knee angle: 50; Foot size: 0

1. Do you try and keep your avatar’s body proportionate and similar to the “average” proportions pictured here?
Nope. I go by what I think looks good. I've tried to edit my shape to fit the average proportions, and to me it looked odd. I think you have to go with what looks good to you, not what you think you're supposed to look like.
2. What do you dislike the most about the SL avatar mesh?
Mesh has come so far lately, so a lot of the "bugs" with mesh has been reduced. The most annoying thing with mesh to me still is the floating straps, but I don't think those can ever be fixed :(
3. Does it bother you when you see other avatars that are not proportionate at all?
I'd like to say no, that's the more polite thing to say, but I'd be lying. It doesn't bother me to the point where I  feel the need to IM them and chew them out, it's their avie, their choice, but sometimes I see people and I have to chuckle. Outrageously huge butts and thighs are the things that bother me most.
4. Even though this is a virtual world and people can be anything they want to be, do you feel when they are in human form, they should try to keep their proportions close to average?
No way! I certainly don't keep my avie's proportions close to average. I think if everyone was average, SL would be boring. Bring on the weird!

Toodles!
<3 Jasey

Credits:
Skin: Cleo Clean - Europa: Glam Affair
Hair: Portia - Pumpkinpie: Truth
Undies: Chloe May gift: Blacklace
Feet: Bare feet flat: Gos Boutique
Hands: SLink
You can get the height detector here

3 comments:

  1. Wow, such a huge difference in shapes! Thanks for showing the comparison, it's fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting how your current avatar looks short, even though she's well above average in RL! My avatar is currently 6'7" by the avatar ruler, and she feels "average" to me. Ah, perceptions!

    Oh, and I do like your current shape better. She's curvy and sexy!

    ReplyDelete