Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wow, I am in a bad mood today!

I don't know if it's the anticipation for the Arcade opening, which isn't coming soon enough, or if it's the--oh nevermind, I know exactly what's putting me in a craptastic mood today...

Copiers.
While Winter and I don't always create our venues from scratch (which we don't ever claim to do) we do take other's creations and build onto them, or revamp them a bit, which takes a lot of hard work, and while we never claim that the original product was made by us, the end product was put together by us, which takes a lot of time and effort. 
What I hate most is when wannabe wedding planners show up to our sim, and take snapshots of our venues, and try to copy our ideas.
It took us a lot of time and money to get our business to where it is today. We are very proud of our accomplishment, but it didn't come without sacrifices. We missed out on time with our family and friends, we missed out on a lot, because we were building something we loved.
We never ever EVER (believe what you want Juliet, I mean Lunette, that's what you're going by these days, right?) have gone to a competing Wedding business to gather ideas for venues or prices. I will admit to showing up on other sims to see how the competition is doing. Never to gather ideas. Ever. 
All of our ideas are original. It took a lot of time to get these ideas in game, so I take offense when these little noobies try to copy what we've worked so hard to accomplish.
My piece of advice to aspiring planners is to come up with your own ideas. The most rewarding success is the success you find on your own.
Another piece of advice? Don't expect success to happen over night. It took Winter and Myself almost 5 YEARS to get our business to where it is now. 

Ugh. Done venting.
On a lighter note...Dang I look cute today!
I missed my Chloe avie, so I put her back on, but kept the Sadie High-res eyes. I love the combination a ton :)
The dress I picked up yesterday at coldLogic for my photo entry, and I can't seem to take it off. I love it so much, and I think gos boutique has become my new favorite shoe store. I'm probably gonna buy all of them before the month is up! lol

Love you all! 

<3 Jasey (Not Jazzy!)

Credits:
Skin: Chloe Infinity Hybrid Avatar (Alabaster): LOGO
Eyes: Sadie Infinity Hybrid Avatar (Eyes ony): LOGO
Hair: Wixson (Brown and Baby Pink): DeLa
Dress: Diaz w/dress (Pink): coldLogic
Shoes: Sophia Peeptoes (Silver): Gos Boutique
Necklace: Huge Chain Necklace (Rose Gold): Mijin Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment